Thursday 11 August 2011

Writing Headlines For Advertising and Online Marketing

If you are like me you will no doubt struggle writing headlines for your advertising and marketing. I recently attended a very useful seminar on this very topic and picked up some great tips.

As I am writing this off the top of my head I realise how difficult it is to remember the rules that apply to writing great headlines.

So I will consult my notes before I add any more - meaning the next part will be added and edited later, this is all part of the solution.

If you live in the UK I can highly recommend business link for their services including free to attend seminars - they have many of these throughout the year and all over the country - look out for the Internet marketing related seminars in your area.



So when writing headlines follow these rules-

It should be clear in a few seconds to catch attention-

Keep it concise- edit it down-

Make it compelling, what does the reader want and need-

Structure- make it flow from one paragraph to the next-

Keep the paragraphs short- 25 to 30 words are best-

Use dashes not commas- as here

So the next thing is to practice just start writing and see how you go, you may be surprised how easy it comes to you, write as if telling a friend the message you want to get across. Of course you can cheat by using headline writing software, I have recently acquired such a programme with re-sale rights so watch this space I will be making it available soon.

Enjoy your writing and do please come back and check out my future insights into all aspects of internet marketing, Gordon Bloomfield (February 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment